Friday, February 15, 2008

17-year-old stabbed, walks self to hospital


A 17-year-old boy was stabbed last night during a fight near De la Vina and Nogales Streets, a spokesman for the Santa Barbara Police Department said.
Lt. Gail Torres said the fight was reported at 9:38 p.m. and a few minutes later, the stabbing victim showed up in the emergency room at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, which is one block from where the fight occurred.

“It appears to be non life threatening type of wounds,” Torres said. “He said he walked himself [to the hospital.”
Torres said he did not know how many times the boy had been stabbed or whether or not it was gang related.
He did say police believe the stabbing was related to the fight.
“He said he was stabbed by unknown persons in that area,” Torres said.

No comments: